Although we have adopted to working from home, it is still essential to ensure that your business is prepared for Hurricane Season. Statistically, those that don’t may never fully recover from a disaster. At WheelHouse IT, we understand what it means to be storm ready! With the 2020 Hurricane Season officially here, our team has again reviewed and refined our hurricane plans.
While hurricanes and coastal storms can force a business to be closed for days if not weeks at a time we take our business continuity serious. We have completed a full-scale test of our 60,000 KW generator and the internet redundancies to our office in Fort Lauderdale.
The preparation from WheelHouse IT includes but is not limited to:
- The systems used by WheelHouse IT to support your business are strategically hosted in data centers that are far from exposed coastal areas in the United States. This ensures that even if our Fort Lauderdale office is closed, our systems are up 24/7/365.
- WheelHouse IT maintains a support staff in multiple locations, including our office in New York with remote teams in North Florida, Iowa, and Arkansas, enabling us to continue providing remote support even in an extreme event where our Fort Lauderdale office could be temporarily down. We also work to have hotels booked in several cities outside of predicted the storm impact area where members of our team will be located for the duration of the storm.
- The entire WheelHouse IT team is equipped with company-issued wireless hotspots enabling them to provide support from wherever they have safely relocated to if the operations at our Florida office are interrupted.
- Our Fort Lauderdale office is equipped with a generator to allow our office to run at full capacity even if utility crews cannot immediately restore the power.
- Quarterly, our team runs an internal business continuity test to ensure that we are prepared to support your business should a Hurricane impact our Fort Lauderdale office.
- Our team understands the impact that hurricanes have on our customers. With safety being our top priority, they are committed to returning to work immediately once a hurricane has subsided to respond to any on-sites that may be needed after the storm.
- Our Fort Lauderdale headquarters is strategically located in a well-protected and resilient environment that can withstand most storms.
- Even though we have put extensive measures in place and were online hours after Hurricane Irma passed on September 10, 2017, hurricanes are a major natural disaster with unpredictable damage, and there is no way we can guarantee that the Fort Lauderdale office will be 100% online immediately after a storm. WheelHouse IT is, however, well-distributed and will be online in non-impacted locations.
Throughout this 2020 Hurricane Season, please keep an eye out for additional emails from our team. These emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. We will communicate with you about updates we receive from the National Hurricane Center as well as the steps we are taking to protect your business during this Hurricane Season.
Finally, you are encouraged to visit our storm resource page www.wheelhouseit.com/storm for valuable resources and WheelHouse IT's up-to-date response to any storm that might be a threat to our area.